P21-01 Email Policy

Responsible Office: Information Technology Services

Applies to:  All persons and departments assigned an HSU email account

This document describes the email services provided by Humboldt State University (HSU), and outlines the campus’ responsible use policy for HSU faculty, staff, students, volunteers, emeriti, auxiliaries, and others who receive a university-provided email account.

Supersedes:  P16-01 Email Policy

Purpose of the Policy:

ICSUAM 8000 – System Wide Information Security Policy

Fall 2020 Grading Policy

Purpose of the Policy

At its regular meeting on September 1, 2020, the University Senate of Humboldt State University recommended to the President a temporary change of grade mode deadline during the Fall 2020 term in credit/no credit optional courses to the last Friday of instruction. Further, the University Senate recommended a temporary change in the add/drop deadline during the Fall 2020 term to the first Monday of the third week of instruction (September 14, 2020). The University Senate policy historically makes such recommendations (such as the one made in 2015).

Minimum Qualifications for Student Office Holders

Supersedes: EM:P13-01

Purpose of the Policy:

Given the representative, fiduciary, legal, and other long-range policy making responsibilities of student office holders, it is the policy of Humboldt State University (HSU) that student office holders have an obligation to demonstrate academic involvement, achievement, and progress. Authority is provided in the Chancellor's Office Academic Affairs Coded Memorandum AA-2012-05, Minimum Qualifications for Student Office Holders.

Policy on Second Majors

Students may declare and complete a second major only if they meet the following criteria:

1)     Must declare second major before earning 90 units.

2)   Demonstrate that they can graduate with both majors completed in fewer than 140 total units.

Students who choose to complete a second major and cannot complete the required courses in less than 140 units may submit a request for an exception to the department chair and college dean.